Teachers may convert their National Board of Professional Teaching Standards (NBPTS) work to college credit* at the following conversion rates:
- NBCT-0001 National Board Certification Candidacy: Complete Score – Independent Study (4.5 quarter credits = 3 semester credits)
- NBCT-0002 National Board Certification: Certification Accomplishment – Independent Study (9 quarter credits = 6 semester credits)
- NBCT-0003 National Board Recertification: Advanced Professional Growth – Independent Study (4.5 quarter credits = 3 semester credits)
How it works
- Apply for admission as a Student at Large.
- Have the American Council on Education send a transcript of your NBPTS work to:
American College of Education
101 West Ohio St., Suite 1200
Indianapolis, IN 46204
Tuition is $235 per semester credit. An American College of Education transcript of your converted credits can be requested here upon receipt of your tuition payment.
*Note: Once converted into college credit, NBPTS work does not transfer into a master's degree program with American College of Education. Master's candidates receiving NBPTS college credit will still be required to take the full sequence of required courses.