Applicants to the Master of Arts in Teaching (M.A.T.) and Transition to Teaching (T2T) programs at American College of Education must:
- Complete the application form, submit the application fee, and sign the enrollment agreement.
- Provide official sealed transcripts documenting successful completion of an undergraduate degree or post-baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited institution with a cumulative GPA of 3.0, OR
- If an applicant has a cumulative GPA below 3.0 but above 2.5, he/she must have at least 5 years of documented professional experience related to the content area in which the applicants seeks licensure.
- Submit evidence of Indiana passing scores on Praxis I (reading, writing and math) or Indiana Department of Education approved alternative.
- Provide evidence of Indiana passing scores on standardized tests and other requirements as specified by the Indiana Department of Education.
- Pass criminal background check from Safe Hiring Solutions.
For additional information on testing requirements, please click here.
All applicants must submit to the Admissions Office official, sealed college transcripts from each institution attended.
- Transcripts that are international and/or not in English must be evaluated through AACRAO or any evaluation agency credentialed through NACES.
- International applicants must request the course-by-course evaluation. The evaluation report must show that the non-U.S. education is equivalent to a U.S. bachelor's degree to be considered for admission.