Admission to the School of Advanced Studies
For Ed.D. and Ed.S.
Apply online. Application dates and term lengths for this program are different from those for our master's level degree and certificate programs.
You will need:
- Completed master’s or doctoral-level degree with a 3.0 cumulative grade point average from a regionally accredited institution
- Current curriculum vitae (preferred) or resume
- Goal statement demonstrating a clear expression of purpose and anticipated personal and professional goals
- Writing sample showing a brief representation or conceptualization of the student’s skills or personal background and goals (separate from the goal statement)
- Interview with the School of Advanced Studies Director, Admissions Committee or designee
All applicants must submit to the Admissions Office official, sealed, college transcripts from each institution attended.
- Transcripts that are international and/or not in English must be evaluated through AACRAO or any evaluation agency credentialed through NACES.
- International applicants must request the course-by-course evaluation. The evaluation report must show that the non-U.S. education is equivalent to a U.S. bachelor's degree to be considered for admission.