English as Second Language Applicants
All applicants whose first language is not English must demonstrate competence in the English language as demonstrated in one of three ways:
- Submission of an official transcript showing a degree from a United States secondary school or regionally accredited college/university.
- Submission of a transcript from a secondary school or college/university whose country uses English as a primary means of instruction, including, Canada, United Kingdom, Ireland, Australia, New Zealand.
- Submission of an official minimum score on the paper-based or Internet-Based TOEFL exam.
- The minimum TOEFL score required for the paper-based Test (PBT) is 550, and for the Internet-Based (IBT) Test is 80.
- Applicants to the Texas M.Ed. in Educational Leadership program must submit scores from the Internet-Based (IBT) TOEFL An overall score of 80, and a score of 26 on the speaking section is required.
- The testing agency must send test scores directly to American College of Education.
Applicants have the right to appeal admissions decisions. Final decisions will made by the Dean or designee.