The admission requirements for the M.A.T. and T2T - Secondary are as follows:
- Complete online application and pay the fee.
- Submit signed enrollment agreement.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in the area of licensure from a regionally accredited institution.
- Provide official documentation of successful completion of an undergraduate degree with a 3.0 cumulative grade point average from a regionally accredited institution. Applicants whose grade point average is above 2.5 but below 3.0 with five years of professional experience related to the content area in which the applicant intends to seek licensure will be eligible for admission.
- Submit official college transcripts.
- Submit evidence of Indiana passing scores on Praxis I (reading, writing and math) or Indiana Department of Education approved alternative.
- Submit evidence of Indiana passing scores on Praxis II for at least one of the following content areas: Biology, Chemistry, Earth and Space Science, Economics, English, Geography, Government/Political Science, Historical Perspectives, Mathematics, Physical Science 5-12, Physics, Social Studies, and Sociology.
- Pass criminal background check from Safe Hiring Solutions.
For additional information on testing requirements, see http://www.doe.in.gov/improvement/educator-effectiveness/teacher-testing.
All applicants must submit to the Admissions Office official, sealed college transcripts from each institution attended.
- Transcripts that are international and/or not in English must be evaluated through AACRAO or any evaluation agency credentialed through NACES.
- International applicants must request the course-by-course evaluation. The evaluation report must show that the non-U.S. education is equivalent to a U.S. bachelor's degree to be considered for admission.