The Office of Academic Excellence (OAE) is focused on student support in the areas of scholarly writing, disability support services, and career services. Additionally, OAE is developing a reading center and a technology “toolkit” center where students will be able to access helpful webinars and mini-courses on topics such as time management, navigating the LMS, and integrating technology into PK-12 classrooms. The support services offered through OAE include:
- Providing academic advising for students
- Serving student needs for tutoring, study skills, scholarly writing, orientation to an academic program, and similar supports in both individual and group settings
- Facilitating workshops and events that promote or support academic excellence
- Collaborating or conferring with other offices of the College, especially the department chairs and the director of training and development, to include functions supporting student orientations
- Coordinating Disability Support Services (DSS) for faculty and students
- Assisting students with career services, including resume building, interviewing, and job searches
- Supporting students in receiving timely responses to email communications
The Office of Academic Excellence does not assist students in understanding course content, as this function resides with our faculty members. When students contact OAE with course content-related questions, they will be referred back to their course professor.
The Office of Academic Excellence provides academic leadership and services to students in pursuit of academic excellence. Individuals with questions or concerns should contact OAE via email.
Disability Support Service (DSS): 1-(877)-670-4523
The Writing Center: Current students have access to The Writing Center within Canvas. Scholarly standards, APA formatting, revising per Turnitin Reports, and full-paper reviews with a referral from a faculty member are all available here.