American College of Education offers the following payment options to assist you with budgeting for your education. Each student must declare a payment method following completion of the enrollment agreement.
Students have the following payment options:
- Payment in Full: Make one payment covering the entire program cost and fees. By paying in full, the payment processing fees can be avoided.
- Payment Course-by-Course: Pay program tuition and fees one course at a time. A Payment Processing Fee for each unpaid course will be assessed under this payment method.
- School District Partnership Agreements: Under a partnership agreement between American College and a participating school district, payment arrangements can be set up. This option is only available for full-time employees
- Third-Party Financing: Some students may qualify for a private loan through a third-party lender. Funds received from the lender may be used to either make payment in full or by installments as described above.
- Military and Veterans Benefits: Eligible students may qualify for military benefits. Please visit the Military Benefits section to learn more.
Tuition and fee payments
All tuition and fees are due the Wednesday prior to the first day of each course.
American College of Education reserves the right to report failure to pay tuition and fees to one or more national credit bureau organizations.
Diplomas, official transcripts, or program completion verifications to state agencies will not be issued until all financial obligations are paid in full.
Students who provide written notice of cancellation within three days (excluding Saturday, Sunday, and federal and state holidays) of paying tuition, the Technology Fee, and/or the Payment Processing fee are entitled to a refund of all monies paid. Refunds will be provided within 30 days of receiving notice of cancellation.
Current fees outside of tuition include:
- $25 nonrefundable Payment Processing Fee for students who do not pay the full program tuition at the time of enrollment assessed at the beginning of each unpaid course
- $165 Internship Fee; charged if a student needs more internship hours than are included in the program requirements; charged every five weeks until state-mandated hours are complete
In order to maintain our affordable pricing, American College of Education (“ACE”) relies on the prompt payment of student tuition.
Effective March 4, 2013, ACE will implement the following Late Fees for all new and continuing students:
$50 Flat Fee
Payment received Tuesday – one day after course start
$100 Flat Fee
Payment received Wednesday – two days after course start
Payment of the late fee will only be accepted by credit card.
Students paying tuition and fees by check or money order through the mail must ensure their payments are (1) made in full and (2) received in our office or processed by the bank lockbox by the course start to avoid the late payment fee.
Payment for all outstanding tuition and fees will not be accepted after Wednesday, 11:59 pm PT once the course has begun. All students from whom payment has not been received by this time will be administratively withdrawn. Any payments received after this cutoff will be refunded in 12 – 14 business days.
Questions about the fee? Please contact the Office of the Bursar at 1-800-280-0307, Option 3 or firstname.lastname@example.org and an associate will be glad to assist you.
2014 Reinstatement Fee Policy
Students reported to the Registrar’s Office after the final payment deadline for nonpayment of tuition and fees – including the Conferral and/or Late Fee as applicable – will be Administratively Withdrawn for nonpayment.
For new and continuing students who wish to remain enrolled during the current term from which they have been administratively withdrawn for nonpayment, ACE is implementing a nonrefundable $150.00 Reinstatement Fee effective October 1, 2014. Please note this fee is in addition to any applicable Late Fees.
To remain enrolled, contact the Bursar’s Office at 1-800-280-0307, Option 3 Friday, Week 1, from 9:00 am – 6:00 pm ET or Monday, Week 2, from 9:00 am – 1:00 pm ET to satisfy any outstanding balances and to pay the $150.00 Reinstatement Fee.
Payment of the fee will only be accepted by credit card.
Payment due dates
Payment is due the Wednesday before each course and will be accepted until 12:59 am ET the first day of the course. Access to the online coursework will not be granted if payment does not fully cover the course cost.
Students from whom payment has not been received by the deadline will be administratively withdrawn from the College and must submit a Re-Entry Form to reinstate their Active status. Access to online coursework will not be granted if payment is not received by the first day of class (amount due is based on payment agreement).
In order to be eligible for a refund of tuition paid, an applicable form (available here) must be received prior to the Drop Deadline – 11:59 CT the first Friday of the course.
Please note some states have mandated refund and withdrawal policies by which ACE must abide. Please refer to the Graduate Student Catalog and Addenda to determine if your state has such a policy.