American College of Education offers the following payment options that students may qualify for to help pay their program tuition and fees. Each student must declare a payment method following completion of the enrollment agreement.
Students have the following payment options:
- Payment in Full: Make one payment covering the entire program cost and fees. By paying in full, the payment processing fees can be avoided.
- Loan Payment*:
- Available to new and current ACE students who qualify
- Applying does not affect student credit
- Fixed interest rates typically start at 7% and cap out at 12%
- 90% of applicants receive credit decision instantly
- Students choose own term length
- No prepayment penalty
- Payment Course-by-Course: Pay program tuition and fees one course at a time. A Payment Processing Fee for each unpaid course will be assessed under this payment method.
- School District Partnership Agreements: Under a partnership agreement between American College of Education and a participating school district, full-time employees of the participating district who pursue a degree at ACE are eligible for reduced tuition rates. Please see your district administrator for more information and to find out if your district has a partnership with ACE.
- Third-Party Financing: Some students may qualify for a private loan through a third-party lender. Funds received from the lender may be used to either make payment in full or by installments as described above.
- In-School Deferment of Prior Federal Loans: For students** in ACE programs, prior federal student loans may be deferred while attending ACE. Prospective students who want to find out if their ACE program of interest qualifies should contact an enrollment counselor at 1-800-280-0307. Please visit the tuition page for more information.
Tuition and fee payments
All tuition and fees are due the Friday prior to the first day of each course. Payment will be accepted without penalty until the Friday after the first day of each course.
Students from whom payment has not been received by the deadline will be administratively withdrawn from the College for nonpayment and may either submit a Re-Entry Form to reinstate their Active status for a future term, or pay the $100 Reinstatement Fee to remain enrolled in the current term.
American College of Education reserves the right to report failure to pay tuition and fees to one or more national credit bureau organizations. Diplomas, official transcripts, or program completion verifications to state agencies will not be issued until all financial obligations are paid in full.
Students who provide written notice of cancellation within three days (excluding Saturday, Sunday, and federal and state holidays) of paying tuition, the Technology Fee, and/or the Payment Processing fee are entitled to a refund of all monies paid. Refunds will be provided within 30 days of receiving notice of cancellation.
Current fees outside of tuition include:
- $25 nonrefundable Payment Processing Fee for students who do not pay the full program tuition at the time of enrollment assessed at the beginning of each unpaid course
- $100 nonrefundable Origination Fee for students who choose to participate in the monthly payment plan program.
- $215 Internship Extension Fee; charged every five weeks if internship is not completed as scheduled. Additional fees will be included as applicable.
Students reported to the Registrar’s Office after the final payment deadline for nonpayment of tuition and fees–including the conferral fee as applicable–will be administratively withdrawn for nonpayment.
For new and continuing students who wish to remain enrolled during the current term from which they have been administratively withdrawn for nonpayment, ACE implemented a nonrefundable $100.00 Reinstatement Fee effective October 1, 2014. Please note this fee is in addition to any tuition and fees due during the current term.
To remain enrolled, contact the Bursar’s Office at 1-800-280-0307, Option 3 no later than Tuesday, Week 2, from 9:00 a.m.-6:00 p.m. EST to satisfy any outstanding balances and to pay the $100.00 Reinstatement Fee. Payment of the fee will only be accepted by credit card.
In order to be eligible for a refund of tuition paid, an applicable form (available here) must be received prior to the Drop Deadline – 11:59 CST the first Friday of the course.
Please note some states have mandated refund and withdrawal policies by which ACE must abide. Please refer to the Graduate Student Catalog and Addendum to determine if your state has such a policy.
*Loan and monthly payment plans may not be available in all states.
**Current students must be in ‘Active’ status to apply for deferment