American College of Education is an educator preparation provider (EPP) accredited by the Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation (CAEP) through 2027. The next accreditation visit is scheduled for Fall 2026.
The current accreditation status includes both the initial and advanced levels with no areas for improvement or stipulations. The programs included in the most recent accreditation review include the following:
- Master of Arts in Elementary Education (Initial)
- Master of Arts in Secondary Education (Initial)
- Certificate in Transition to Teaching in Elementary Education (Initial)
- Certificate in Transition to Teaching in Secondary Education (Initial)
- Master of Education in Educational Leadership (Advanced)
- Certificate in Texas Educational Leadership (Advanced)
CAEP Accountability Measures
American College of Education annually reports on the following accountability measures required by CAEP: 1) completer impact and effectiveness, 2) employer satisfaction and stakeholder involvement, 3) candidate competency at the time of program completion, and 4) ability of completers to be hired in positions for which they were prepared. The most recent data for each of the accountability measures are provided below.