The ERIC (Educational Resources Information Center) database is created and distributed free by the U.S. Dept. of Education. ERIC indexes and abstracts education journals, as well as published and unpublished books, monographs, curriculum guides, conference papers, proceedings, position papers, teaching guides, and other educational materials.
All ERIC journal articles and ERIC documents are assigned subject headings from the Thesaurus of ERIC Descriptors: http://www.eric.ed.gov/ERICWebPortal/resources/html/thesaurus/about_thesaurus.html.
- Produced by: U. S. Dept. of Education, 1966 to present
- Vendors: http://www.eric.ed.gov, Ebsco, ProQuest, and others
- Coverage: 1,160+ journals; 500,000+ other publications; 1.3+ million citations
- Full-text: Yes - 244 journals (EJ) and 330,000+ ERIC documents (ED). Some publications have copyright restrictions placed by the author or publisher.
- To locate libraries that own specific journals in your zip code, go to www.worldcat.org.
- To locate full-text of a specific article not available in this database, try Ebsco Education Research Complete, ProQuest Education Journals, or Wilson Select Plus.
Mental Measurements Yearbook including Tests in Print
Mental Measurements Yearbook (MMY) is a comprehensive guide to 2,000+ contemporary testing instruments. The MMY series contains reviews and information essential for a complete evaluation of testing products in psychology, education, business, and leadership. First published by Oscar K. Buros, the MMY series allows users to make knowledgeable judgments and informed selection decisions about the increasingly complex world of testing. MMY database includes the MMY archive of all yearbooks from the first edition in 1938 through the 18th yearbook released in 2010.
Tests in Print
Tests in Print (TIP) is a comprehensive bibliography of all known commercially available tests that are currently in print in the English language. TIP provides vital information to users including test purpose, test publisher, in-print status, price, test acronym, intended test population, administration times, publication date(s), and test author(s).
- Producer: Buros Institute of Mental Measurements at the University of Nebraska - Lincoln
- Vendor: Ebsco
- Coverage: 7,000+ reviews
- Full-text: Yes – reviews only [no tests are available online]
- Included in another database? Yes – Mental Measurements Yearbook including Tests in Print